Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Friend Russ the Retired New York City Fireman

Well, some heard "surprise party" but i heard "slumber party" so I'm wearing my new pair of pajamas, damn it. Others heard "funny hat" party, which Ill go along with because funny hats make terrific centerpieces and I don't want to run out and buy a mess of flowers.

Russ, my retired New York City firefighter friend, just came by with some supplies, and be brought his old New York City fireman's hat from the 1970's when he was a probie and I just love saying the word, let alone trying to spell it. It's made of tooled leather and it is melted in the back. Russ told an excruciating story about how his brass emblem came to be bent like that and I believe him.
His head went inside here.

Russ says that the average carbon fire can burn at 1000 degrees and that a skyscraper fire can burn much hotter--2000 degrees! I don't argue with him because he is much bigger than me. He also gives great hugs and I don't want to alienate him.

I don't know why I act so difficult online. Do you think it has to do with the new technology? In person I'm much more cautious about consequences.

He's a terrific dancer too! I think I could fall in love with a real person.

No comments: